By Creation's Care
There For Your Cat When You're Not There
There is a common misconception that it’s OK to leave a cat alone for hours every day without a human or other animal with which to interact with. In fact, cats need stimuli and interaction just like any other pet. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for them to develop behavioral challenges because they are left alone without companionship.
Cats are social beings that form strong bonds with their owners. When their needs for companionship are not met, cats can become depressed and may develop separation anxiety.
Here are some signs of “separation anxiety” in cats:
- Excessive vocalization (crying, moaning, meowing).
- Not eating or drinking while owner is away.
- Eliminating (often urinations or defecating) in inappropriate places.
- Food or hair are often contained in the vomit.
- Excessive self-grooming.
- Destructive behavior.
- Exuberant greetings when the owner returns home.
Creation’s Care Pet Sitting has a solution designed that may alleviate your concerns. Our cat visits are designed specifically for felines and are a great way to make sure they are looked after.
- The client will, in conjunction with the member of our sitting team, determine the frequency and duration of cat visits.
- A minimum of one daily visit is recommended.
- The sitter will feed and ensure water is available for your cat.
- The sitter is able to administer medications if needed.
- Our sitters are qualified in animal first aid and CPR.
- Your cat will be given play time and loving affection by our sitter.
- Yes! We will clean litter pans as appropriate!