keeping your pooch happy and safe while out in public

As has become an annual tradition amongst the staff at Creation’s Care Pet Sitting, we took this weekend to pause and enjoy the wonderful world of equestrian sport. The Redhills International Horse Trials in Tallahassee brings equestrian competitors from around the globe for a three day Olympic level competition right to our back door.  Spectators abound, and with…

Will you love me for a lifetime?

According to 2016 reports from the ASPCA, an estimated 6.5 million companion animals will enter our nation’s shelters this year.  Of those, an average 60% will enter as strays, while the remaining 30-40% will be surrendered by their owners.  Sadly, the biggest reason for owner surrenders is 100% preventable when approached with patience and love. …

Why Dogs (or Cats) are Not Good Gifts

By  JENNA STREGOWSKI, RVT, The Spruce Think First before Giving a Dog as a Present You think you have found the perfect gift: a new puppy in a big red bow for someone you love. Surprise! Think again. While this may sound like a dream come true, it can actually be a pretty bad idea. Sure,…

Working with Timid, Scared, or Insecure Dogs

This past weekend, we were asked to look after a dog for a couple days while his owner went down south to attend the Miami football game.  From the time we arrived at the home to meet the owner and senior pup we would be caring for (who for the remainder of this article we…

Providing the care your pet’s deserve without the unnecessary expense

Towards the end of August, a prospective client reached out to me interested in using our pet sitting service during Labor Day weekend.  While my prospect had previously boarded their dogs at one of the local veterinary clinics and had planned to do so for this trip as well, they quickly looked for an alternative…

Grand Reopening Announcement

Pet Care Specialist, Virginia McMullen, owner of Creation’s Care Pet Sitting, is excited to formally introduce her pet sitting and dog walking services to pet parents throughout Tallahassee and Havana, Florida.  Mrs. McMullen has over ten years’ experience, beginning with friends and coworkers, and transitioned to working full time in her business last month. When…

Why I choose to use a professional pet sitter instead of boarding.

“So will Lucky get to exercise some while he is here?” I asked as I was making the boarding reservation for an upcoming trip that was not conducive to bringing my pets.  “Of course!” the receptionist replied.  “He can get exercise as many times as you like.  it’s just $8 per time that he goes…

Keeping your kids and pets safe as the Temps start to rise

As the middle of May approaches, the high temperatures are once again hitting the low to mid 90s in North Florida and South Georgia. If you have lived in the area for any length of time, you might welcome the various opportunities that this time of year brings.  Longer days mean more time for outdoor activities,…

Is your pet sitter a professional or a hobbyist?

While all pet sitters, to some degree, start out as hobbyist sitters (aka avid animal lovers), there are some key differences between the two.  Is your pet sitter doing this full time or just for a few extra bucks?  Are they insured and bonded?  Do they know what to do in the event of an emergency? …